Ready for your annual mammogram? We’re here for you.
The Women's Imaging Center at Presence Resurrection provides mammography, breast ultrasound, osteoporosis screenings and interventional breast procedures. The center is conveniently located in the Professional Building (Entrance 2) of Presence Resurrection Medical Center.
Screening mammograms are your best line of defense against breast cancer and are recommended for all women age 40 and older by the American Cancer Society.
We offer convenient daytime, evening and weekend hours, as well as hospital services to support those with specialized needs.
Mammograms at Presence Resurrection Medical Center. Why Choose Us?
- The Women's Imaging Center is designated as a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology (ACR).
- The ACR has accredited the center in mammography, stereotactic breast biopsy, breast ultrasound and ultrasound-guided breast biopsy procedures.
- The center is also accredited by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers.
- Our radiologists are board certified by the American Board of Radiology and members of the Society of Breast Imaging.
- Our experienced mammography technologists are licensed with additional certification in mammography through the American Registry of Radiological Technologists.
- We have radiology-certified nurses on-site.
- We offer easy scheduling with flexible hours, and a pre-authorization specialist to help you with your insurance needs.
- You and your doctor will receive prompt results and follow-up information.
Women’s Imaging Center Services at Presence Resurrection
- Digital mammography: Our mammography system is a powerful screening tool that provides clear and precise all-digital images with the largest field of view currently available.
- Breast ultrasounds: An advanced ultrasound system for breast imaging delivers outstanding image uniformity and resolution so doctors can review high quality images.
- Stereotactic core breast biopsy: When a biopsy is needed, stereotactic core breast biopsy is an accurate, minimally invasive way to retrieve questionable tissue. Using X-rays, a computer guides the biopsy needle to the precise location and collects several samples. More accurate and less costly than traditional techniques, stereotactic core breast biopsy requires only a local anesthetic.
- Bone mineral density test - The only way to diagnose osteoporosis and determine risk for fracture is with a bone mineral density test, which is accurate, painless and non-invasive. The Women's Imaging Center uses DEXA scanning of the spine and hip to screen and monitor for osteoporosis.
Breast Cancer Care
Have you been diagnosed with breast cancer? Do you need help understanding and scheduling your breast cancer diagnostic and treatment procedures? We can help.
You are not alone.
With our outstanding physicians and cancer treatment staff, coupled with advanced technologies and treatment options, such as breast MRI, PET imaging, Mammosite Brachy Therapy, and available clinical chemotherapy drug trials, you can feel confident that our team can give you the fighting chance you deserve.
Multidisciplinary approach to care: Our team of surgeons, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, radiologists, pathologists and geneticist meet regularly to discuss your case and provide input on your progress.
Breast center care coordinator: To assist you with appointment scheduling so that you can focus on healing. She will guide you through your customized breast cancer treatment program to ensure that your care plan is navigated seamlessly. She will review any changes to your treatment plan with you, and coordinate your treatment. And of course, she is there to answer any questions you may have.
If you have questions or would like more information about the Breast Center, call 773.990.6564. To schedule an appointment, call 773.990.5556.