More and more people are choosing Presence Mercy Medical Center for cancer care because of our expertly trained oncologists and support staff, who work closely together to deliver the highest standards available.
We provide the full continuum of cancer services, including screening, prevention, advanced diagnosis, surgery, chemotherapy and a robust recovery program. We proudly serve our Aurora, Oswego and Batavia communities, close to your home and loved ones.
Why Choose Our Cancer Center?
Presence Mercy Medical Center is committed to offering you the most personalized cancer treatment available, in a welcoming setting that puts you and your family first. Our comprehensive cancer program features:
- Gold Seal accreditation: We are an accredited cancer center through the Commission on Cancer.
- Faster chemotherapy services: Patients at other hospitals may have to wait three or four hours for outpatient chemotherapy. At Presence Mercy, we offer shorter wait times, as well as treatment in a private room with specialized nurse care.
- Highly qualified staff: Our oncologists have specialties in colorectal, lung and breast cancer surgery. They’re backed by oncology nurses who undergo advanced training and certification to provide care specifically for cancer patients. You also have access to our dietitians, counselors, home health workers and pastoral staff.
- Personal guidance: We provide you with a specially trained nurse navigator who guides you through your entire treatment, from diagnosis to recovery. He or she can help you with scheduling, insurance issues, transportation and other needs. Explore our full range of cancer support services.
- High patient satisfaction: Our cancer program has one of the highest patient satisfaction rates of any in-patient department at Presence Mercy Medical Center.
- Family-centered care: We invite your loved ones to attend meetings with your team of doctors and ask questions. We have interpreters 24/7, as well as iPads that can translate forms into every language.
- Extensive community outreach: We are active in the Aurora community to bring life-saving screenings and cancer education to all of our neighbors, regardless of income, race or age.
Full Range of Cancer Services
We bring you advanced technology and methods for diagnosing and treating cancer, so you can get the highest level of care without traveling far from home. Our cancer services include:
- Advanced cancer diagnosis: Includes breast MRI, breast ultrasound, stereotactic breast biopsy, MRI-guided breast biopsy, lymph node biopsy, digital mammograms, PET/CT scans.
- Advanced treatments: Includes chemoembolization, apheresis, chemotherapy and comprehensive surgical procedures such as mastectomies, breast reconstruction, lobectomies and prostatectomies, interventional radiology and radiofrequency ablation.
- Breast cancer services: Includes a female breast surgeon and our Look Good Feel Better program, which offers free beauty services and consultations.
- Lung cancer services: Includes specialists in cardiothoracic surgery.
- Prostate cancer services: Includes minimally invasive surgery for prostatectomies using the da Vinci® robotic surgical system, offering less pain and faster recovery.
- Colon cancer services: Includes minimally invasive surgery and a popular ostomy support group.
- Bladder cancer services: Includes a full range of diagnosis and treatment options.
- Head/neck cancer services: Includes a full range of diagnosis and treatment options.
- Groundbreaking clinical trials: Includes access to research studies for a broad range of cancers—offering promising new cancer treatment options to our Aurora-area communities.
- Rehabilitation and survivorship: Includes pain management, palliative care and seamless transitions to continuous care.
Take Charge of Your Health—See a Cancer Specialist Today
Presence Mercy Medical Center is conveniently located at:
1325 North Highland Avenue
Aurora, IL 60506
For more information, or to make your appointment with a skilled Presence Health oncologist, call 877.737.4636.