Presence Holy Family Medical Center
100 North River Road
Des Plaines, IL 60016
The Medical Imaging Department at Presence Holy Family Medical Center is focused on providing all services with speed and convenience.
Consider the following benefits:
- Fast Scheduling - In many cases we can provide same day or next day appointments.
- Quick Results - Exam results can be delivered to your physician within 24 hours. Results are also available to your physician on a compact disc and/or film if requested.
- Streamlined Registration - One number is all you need to schedule your test. Simply call Outpatient Central Scheduling at 847.813.3273.
- Easy Access - Unlike other facilities, there is free and ample parking available. Designated outpatient parking spots have also been added directly outside the main entrance.
- Transportation - We can provide low cost round-trip transportation. Our Care-A-Van offers door to door service for outpatient services at the hospital or physician office visits on our campus. Just call 847.297.1800, ext. 2626 to schedule your appointment.
- Quality - Services are provided in compliance with the Illinois Department of Nuclear Safety and the American College of Radiology.
- Medical Imaging Specialists - The Medical Imaging Department offers the personal touch of a trusted community hospital and the high-tech resources of a comprehensive medical center. Presence Holy Family radiologists, technologists and staff are patient focused and professional.
The latest procedures and technology
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) - A powerful and advanced diagnostic tool that combines magnetic fields and radio waves with computer technology to create minutely detailed two-dimensional and three-dimensional images.
- Computerized tomography (CT) - CT scans use x-rays and a computer to visualize the body. The scans produce two-dimensional images of anatomy, like a cross section. Some studies require the ingestion or injection of a contrast agent. The Medical Imaging Department's CT services include helical scanning with secondary reconstruction capabilities including 3-D.
- Ultrasound - High-frequency sound waves are passed through the body and reflected back to produce an image. The Medical Imaging Department uses state-of-the-art equipment for the greatest detail. Procedures include vascular flow, gynecological, abdominal, intraoperative and neonatal scans.
- Nuclear Imaging - The Siemens E-cam Signature available at Presence Holy Family Medical Center provides state-of-the-art nuclear medicine imaging. The new system is ideal for the early detection and staging of cancer, heart disease, and other hard-to-diagnose disorders.
- Mammography - We offer this valuable diagnostic tool in our Women's Imaging Center. The Women's Imaging Center is an accredited facility offering both screening and diagnostic examinations. We also offer computer-assisted diagnosis (CAD) to aid in identifying suspicious areas on mammogram results. Bone density screenings are also offered in the Women's Imaging Center.
Presence Holy Family Medical Center's Department of Radiology has been awarded the Gold Seal of Accreditation for magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), computed tomography (CT), ultrasound, mammography, and as a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence as the result of a recent review by the American College of Radiology (ACR).
Hours of Operation
Our scanning hours for each modality are as follows:
*New hours effective Monday, May 6, 2019
Monday to Friday, 10 am–3:30 pm
Saturday, 8 am–12 pm
- Nuclear Medicine
Wednesday and Friday, 8:30 am–3 pm
Monday to Friday, 8 am–4 pm
Monday to Friday, 8 am–4 pm
Monday to Friday, 8 am–5 pm
Saturday, 9 am–3:30 pm
To learn more about the Medical Imaging Department at Presence Holy Family Medical Center, call 847.297.1800, ext. 1919.
To schedule an appointment, call Outpatient Central Scheduling at 847.813.3273.