At Presence Holy Family Medical Center, we offer comprehensive, outpatient diagnostic heart services in a convenient, comfortable setting. We offer personalized, patient-focused care and the specialized expertise needed to get you the right treatment at the right time.
We are also the only Long-term Acute Care Hospital (LTACH) in northwest Chicagoland. That means we provide specialized care to critically ill patients with complex conditions who need hospitalization for an extended period of time.
Heart and Vascular Care at Presence Holy Family: Why Choose Us
We offer advanced diagnostic heart services and vascular care in a setting designed with your comfort in mind. Our cardiovascular care includes:
- Comprehensive Vein Clinic: Our Vein Clinic treats vein conditions, including
- Advanced outpatient diagnostic heart services: We offer the latest technologies and techniques to diagnose the full range of heart conditions. varicose and spider veins, chronic venous insufficiency, and venous ulcers (leg wounds) using safe, effective advanced treatments.
- Person-centered care: Our hospital is designed to make your time with us both comfortable and easy to navigate. We also offer personalized care tailored to your individual health needs and circumstances. Our hospital is set up to accommodate loved ones who may accompany you too, with family break rooms on each unit, full vending areas and a full-service Cafeteria located nearby.
- Health insurance experts to help with benefit coverage:
- Convenience, easy access: We are conveniently located in the northwest Chicagoland area, accessible via several major roadways and public transportation, including the Metra Union Pacific Northwest line and the Pace #234 or #208 bus. Both Pace buses stop in front of Presence Holy Family.
- Care-A-Van shuttle services:
- Seamless access: Our patients can access the full range of cardiovascular services and specialists in convenient locations throughout Illinois through the Presence Health network. Learn more about our comprehensive cardiovascular care at Presence Health.
- Quick results: We schedule tests quickly and return the results in an equally timely manner.
Diagnostic Heart Services at Presence Holy Family
Our advanced diagnostic techniques and tools include:
- Nuclear stress testing: Shows how well your blood flows into your heart muscle at rest and when there’s stress on your heart
- Stress echocardiograms: Uses ultrasound imaging to detect decreases in blood flow to your heart caused by narrowed or blocked arteries
- Pharmacological stress testing: Uses medicine to assess heart function under physical stress. Your physician may recommend this if you have arthritis or another medical condition that prevents you from exercising during a stress test.
- Echocardiograms (ECG or EKG) with Doppler and colorflow analysis: Noninvasive tests to measure the direction and speed of blood flow to your heart using Doppler technology and high frequency sound waves
- Transesophegeal echocardiograms: Similar to echocardiogram, except uses a specialized probe passed down your throat and into your esophagus to produce sound waves to obtain images of your heart structures and valves
- 24 hour Holter monitoring: Tracks your heart rhythms for 24 hours
- 30 day event monitoring: Tracks your heart rhythms for up to 30 days
Vein Treatments at Presence Holy Family’s Vein Clinic
In our Vein Clinic, we offer comprehensive care for your veins using the least invasive techniques possible. Our treatments include:
- Endovenous laser ablation (EVLA): Minimally invasive procedure that shuts down large, long veins by targeting heat energy inside them to seal them shut
- Ultrasound guided sclerotherapy: Procedure where your physician, guided by ultrasound, injects a solution into your varicose or spider veins, causing them to seal off and close down over time
- Visual sclerotherapy: Procedure that treats visible spider veins and small varicose veins near the surface of the skin by injecting a solution into them
Learn more about vascular care at Presence Health.
Presence Holy Family Medical Center Location and Hours
Presence Holy Family Medical Center
Cardiac Services Department
100 North River Road
Des Plaines, IL 60016
Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday
8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
To make an appointment or for more information, call 877.737.4636