Our Core Values
In the tradition of the Sisters of the Holy Family of Nazareth and the Sisters of the Resurrection, Resurrection Health Care (RHC) ministries continue the healing mission that Jesus entrusted to the Church. To be effective in carrying out this historic and sacred mission, RHC fosters an environment of Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence and Service. This service is offered in an atmosphere of hospitality and respect for the dignity of each person involved in the caring and healing process and is further characterized by professional excellence and effective stewardship of resources.
Compassion fosters in us a sensitivity to the spiritual, physical, psychological and emotional needs of every individual inspiring each to find comfort and hope.
- We respond to the needs of the whole person: body, mind and spirit.
- We foster a climate of care, hospitality and a spirit of community.
- We develop systems and structures that attend to the needs of those at risk of discrimination because of age, gender, lifestyle, ethnic background, religious beliefs or socioeconomic status.
Accountability calls us to responsible stewardship of the human and material resources/assets of the organization.
- We work together to be effective and efficient in the use of resources and to provide a safe environment/ecology.
- We value the opportunity to be of service beyond our organization through community outreach.
- We dedicate resources to the care of the poor and needy.
- We require a reasonable financial return in order to provide resources needed to pay fair wages and to renew the facilities and equipment of our organization.
Respect commits us to honor the diversity and dignity of each individual as a person created and loved by God and an inherently valuable member of the community.
- We create an environment conducive to healing and supportive of the patient's right to comfort, privacy, serenity and cleanliness.
- We develop a work environment that promotes mutual respect, participation, equitable compensation, growth and effective use of talents.
- We provide recognition -- formal and informal -- to individuals and groups for their contributions.
- We communicate openly and share needed information with each other.
Excellence empowers us to do our best in all that we do as we work individually and collectively to meet the needs of those we serve as well as our co-workers.
- We expect excellence in performance and adherence to professional and organizational standards.
- We design and evaluate our organizational systems and structures to assure that we positively contribute to the health standard of the community we serve.
- We develop programs and processes to measure and continually improve quality in everything we do.
- We conduct our business ethically, with integrity, honesty and confidentiality.
- We foster free exchange of diverse ideas, innovation and teamwork.
Service commits us to give of ourselves in order to respond appropriately to the needs of others.
- We empower co-workers to make decisions that are in the best interest of those we serve.
- We create policies that are at the service of those we serve and those who work with us.
- We believe that to serve one another is an expression of our belief that work is more meaningful when placed in the context of serving/ministering to others.
- Customer satisfaction is our number one service priority.