The Birth Centers at Presence Health
At Presence Health, we are overjoyed to help you welcome your new baby into the world. We work hard to make your experience as comfortable, safe and personalized as possible.
Whether this is your first pregnancy or you are an experienced mom, we’re here to support you and provide the best possible care for you and your baby. We welcome dad or other support person to be with you 24/7. Grandparents, siblings and friends are welcome during extended visiting hours. Celebrating the birth of a baby is truly a family-centered occasion at Presence Health.
Having a Baby at Presence Health: Why Choose Us
We’re on your team. We’ll treat like family. And we want you to come and visit us ahead of time to see our difference and feel rest-assured that you and your baby will be well cared for. Our hospital-based birth centers feature:
- Experienced, skilled and compassionate professionals: Our team includes obstetricians, certified nurse midwives, labor, delivery and postpartum nurses, lactation specialists and more, all who have devoted their lives to bringing new lives into the world.
- Advanced technologies and specialists when you need special care:
- C-Sections: If your baby needs to be delivered by cesarean section, state-of-the-art surgical suites are located within our birthing centers.
- Neonatologists: Our hospitals have neonatologists on site, should your baby need specialized treatment.
- NICUs: Our NICUs - Neonatal Intensive Care Units - provide expert care for premature infants and babies with medical needs 24/7.
- Advanced technology: We invest in the latest technology to give you and your baby the best care possible.
- Maternal-fetal medicine: We offer advanced care for women with high-risk pregnancies.
- Comfortable, well-appointed suites to welcome your baby: Our birthing centers are designed to be calming and relaxing to help you have a smooth labor, delivery and postpartum experience. Spa-like features such as subdued lighting and water features set the tone, while all the medical equipment you may need are right at hand. Our suites have private bathrooms and support persons can stay overnight.
- Pain management options to keep you comfortable: Many of our birth centers feature hydrotherapy tubs right in your room so you can soak in warm water during labor to help you feel more comfortable. Our skilled anesthesiologists and nurse anesthetists are on hand to help your labor and delivery be as pain-free as possible.
- Family-centered care to support you and your baby: We welcome fathers and other family members and support people throughout your stay – during labor, delivery and to bond with the newest family member – your baby.
- Safety and security so you can relax: We keep you and your baby secure through a variety of methods, including controlled-access units, monitoring devices, and programs to ensure safety in the operating room and throughout the birth center.
- We teach you the basics, before and after: With classes in childbirth preparation, Lamaze, breastfeeding, CPR, infant care, classes for dads and siblings and more, we’re here to help you prepare for the big day. And once you’ve delivered, our staff will help you learn the best ways to care for your baby once you’re home.
- Tours so you can feel at home before you’re in labor: You are welcome to come in and take a tour of the birthing center at the Presence hospital closest to you. We truly look forward to meeting you, getting to know your needs and helping you bring your new baby into the world. And you can preregister in advance so you’re all set on the big day.
- Support when you return home: We’ll check in to make sure you and the baby are doing well. We also have support groups – including a virtual support group – to help you successfully breastfeed your baby.
Presence Health locations with birth centers
We offer maternity services in our birthing centers at hospitals throughout Illinois. Learn more about the services we provide at the Presence Health hospital closest to you:
Presence Covenant Medical Center - Urbana
Presence Mercy Medical Center - Aurora
Presence Resurrection Medical Center - Chicago
Presence Saint Francis Hospital - Evanston
Presence Saint Joseph Hospital - Chicago
Presence Saint Joseph Medical Center - Joliet
Presence Saints Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center - Chicago
Presence St. Mary’s Hospital- Kankakee
Presence United Samaritans Medical Center - Danville
For more information about our birthing centers or to find an obstetrician or other specialist, call 877.737.4636 (INFO)