Gynecological health issues arise throughout a woman’s life. We have you covered with a full range of specialists and services such as robotic hysterectomies and other procedures, pelvic health programs and fertility care.
- Highly-skilled gynecology specialists: Our primary care doctors, gynecologists and other specialists provide an array of services to keep our patients healthy, including routine annual gynecologic exams. We have women’s health care experts, including experienced obstetricians and gynecologists, gynecologic oncologists and surgeons, specialists such as urologists who treat incontinence and perform pelvic floor reconstructive procedures and neurologists who specialize in pain management. To find a doctor who’s right for you, call 877.737.4636.
- Robotic gynecologic surgery at Presence Health: One in three women in the U.S. will have a hysterectomy before she turns 60. While no woman wants to face surgery, today the vast majority of gynecologic conditions - from endometriosis to uterine fibroids, heavy menstrual bleeding to cancer - can now be treated effectively without a big incision. With the da Vinci robotic surgery system, only a few small incisions are required, so you can get back to life faster. In addition to robotic hysterectomies, we also provide robotic myomectomies (removal of uterine fibroids) and robotic uterine prolapse repair. Robotic surgery offers numerous potential benefits over traditional open surgery, including:
- Significantly less pain
- Minimal blood loss and need for transfusion
- Fewer complications
- Shorter hospital stay
- Quicker recovery and return to normal activities
- Small incisions for minimal scarring
Most Presence Health hospitals offer robotic surgery. To locate an experienced surgeon in your area, call 877.737.4636 (INFO).
- Pelvic health program at Presence Saint Joseph Medical Center: Pelvic floor disorders affect one in five women between the ages of 20 and 80, but less than 10 percent seek treatment because they’re too embarrassed to talk about it. Our experienced staff provides comprehensive diagnostic and treatment services for women who suffer from disorders associated with the pelvic floor, including pelvic floor dysfunction and urinary incontinence. These conditions cause a variety of uncomfortable symptoms including urinary frequency and urgency, painful urination, difficulty passing urine or stool, pelvic pressure, prolapse and involuntary loss of stool or urine. Early detection and treatment is the key to obtaining a positive outcome. For an accurate diagnosis and to identify the cause of pelvic floor disorders, we provide a full range of testing with a multidisciplinary team of doctors, including a gynecologist, urologist and neurologist. Comprehensive treatment options range from nonsurgical treatments, such as medication, pelvic muscle rehabilitation and intra-vaginal devices, to a wide spectrum of surgical procedures. For more information, call 877.737.4636.
- Fertility care at Presence Saints Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center: We know that hormonal or reproductive health challenges can be misunderstood. We get that. That’s why we offer the Creighton Model FertilityCare™ System (CrMS), which helps couples understand when they are naturally fertile and infertile. The system relies on the standardized observation and charting of biological markers, which helps couples understand when they are naturally fertile or infertile and also serves as a way to identify problems with a woman's health. CrMS can be used to achieve and avoid pregnancy. Fertility-focused intercourse allows 98.5 percent of couples with normal fertility to achieve pregnancy within six months. The method also is 99.5 percent effective in avoiding pregnancy. We're conveniently located on the fourth floor of the Saint Elizabeth Campus at Presence Saints Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center at 1431 North Western Avenue in Chicago. Call 877.737.4636 for more information.
To find a gynecologist that’s right for you, or for more information about any of the services listed here, call 877.737.4636.