We’re here to make having your annual mammogram as easy as possible.
Breast care at Presence Health starts with your annual mammogram. Early detection is key in the fight against breast cancer. And one of your best defenses is a mammogram. We offer advanced breast imaging as well as superior breast cancer treatment.
When it comes to your breast health, image really is everything.
An annual mammogram could save your life. Presence Health offers the most recent advancements in breast cancer detection technology, including 3D mammograms and digital mammograms.
The American Cancer Society recommends mammogram screenings every year for all women who are age 40 and older. Recommendations may vary depending on personal risk factors, such as family history of breast cancer.
We offer you the perfect combination of advanced technology, convenience, personal care and attention.
Why choose Presence Health for your annual mammogram?
- Gold-standard accreditation: Our breast imaging centers are accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR) and designated as Breast Imaging Centers of Excellence. Some centers are also accredited by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC).
- Staff credentials: Our board-certified radiologists have advanced training in interpreting full-field digital and 3D mammography. Our radiology technologists are accredited by the ACR and certified by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists.
- Convenient appointments: We offer flexible scheduling, with early morning, evening and weekend appointments to fit your needs. Appointments are often available within 24-48 hours.
- Timely results: We know that it is stressful to wait for results so we provide screening results to your physician as quickly as possible, usually the same day. And you’ll receive a copy of the written report as well.
- Additional imaging services: If the mammogram shows an abnormality, you may need additional diagnostic testing - such as a breast ultrasound, image-guided biopsies or magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), all available at Presence Health hospitals.
- Full team of specialists: Should cancer be detected, it's important to have a team of physicians - medical oncologists, surgeons, radiation oncologists - who can coordinate patient care from diagnosis to treatment. We provide state-of-the-art diagnostic and treatment capabilities from a highly skilled staff of cancer specialists, including nurses, pharmacists, therapists, social workers and nutritionists.
- Patient navigators: Patient navigators answer your questions, connect you to resources and guide you through the sometimes-complex healthcare system.
- Friendly staff and comfortable surroundings: You’ll find that a place where staff members are kind, understanding and helpful can make a big difference. Our waiting and exam areas are private and comfortable. And you’ll receive friendly and compassionate care from a respectful, courteous staff, with minimal waiting times.
Breast Imaging and Diagnostic Services at Presence Health
- 3D mammography: We have the most powerful weapon yet against breast cancer: 3D mammography. 3D breast imaging makes it more difficult for cancer to hide. It takes the life-saving technology of mammography and brings it to a whole new dimension. Benefits include:
- Exceptionally sharp images for visualizing the finest details from many different angles.
- Ability to help detect breast cancer earlier than ever before, when it is most curable.
- Increased accuracy so the chances of a ‘false positive’ are much lower.
- Full-field digital mammography: An advanced imaging technology noted for its ability to emphasize contrasts and identify abnormalities that may not be as visible on traditional film mammography. It can be particularly beneficial for women with dense or thick breasts, women under age 50, and pre- and peri-menopausal women. Digital mammography benefits you in other ways as well, including:
- Less exposure to radiation: The radiation dose can be reduced up to 50% with digital mammography and still detect breast cancer.
- Reduced exam time: This results in shorter examination times and significantly improved patient comfort and convenience.
- A built-in "second opinion" with CAD: Digital mammography is used in conjunction with CAD - a computer-aided detection system often referred to as a second opinion - that identifies potential concerns even before the radiologist views the results.
- Digital images are easily stored and quickly retrieved: Transmission of images from one physician to another is fast and easy.
- Stereotactic breast biopsy: When a biopsy is needed, stereotactic core breast biopsy is an accurate, minimally invasive way to retrieve questionable tissue. Digital spot view mammography allows for faster and more accurate stereotactic biopsies. Using the visual coordinates taken from a mammogram, a computer guides the biopsy needle to the precise location and collects several samples. The examination requires only local anesthesia. In many instances, stereotactic breast biopsies avoid the need for surgery.
- Breast ultrasound: Often used to assess abnormalities with reflected high-frequency sound waves that produce an image, this technique enables imaging from almost any angle and distinguishes between noncancerous cysts and other masses that may require further evaluation.
- Breast MRI with CAD (computer aided detection): This diagnostic tool provides doctors with hundreds of images of the breast, cross-sectional in all directions. Because of the high level of detail provided, it is very effective for determining the extent of breast cancer and monitoring response to treatment in cancer patients. This technology provides accurate evaluation of the breast and is the most sensitive test for breast disease. It is also required for those with genetic predisposition for cancer.
For more information or to schedule your mammogram, call 877.737.4636 (INFO)
Mammograms and women’s imaging services are provided at the following Presence Health locations: