Vascular conditions too often go untreated because symptoms can develop gradually, making it easier for us to explain them away. At Presence Health, we have the experience and the advanced diagnostic tools to catch vascular disease early. We’ll give you the care you need when you need it most.
Has Vascular Disease Slowed You Down?
We offer the full range of diagnostic tools and advanced treatments to address your vascular disease safely and effectively. Providing compassionate care, improving your quality of life and preserving your limb function are our top priorities. To make sure we deliver, our vascular care programs feature:
- Vascular surgery leaders: Our experienced team includes leaders in vein and vascular procedures from the Christie Clinic Vein & Vascular Center. Our vascular surgeons specialize in the treatment of even the most complex vascular conditions using the latest minimally invasive techniques.
- Access to cutting edge vascular research and clinical trials:Eligible patients can participate in national studies into advanced stent technology. Being part of research studies can give you access to the latest advances, and you can help improve the state of the art. Find an open clinical trial.
- The latest tools to treat peripheral vascular disease (PVD): We offer a number of advanced catheter systems that effectively treat chronic total occlusions (CTOs, or total artery blockages) caused by PVD. We’re the only health care system in Chicagoland offering Ocelot, a first-of-its-kind catheter that drills through blocked arteries in the legs and incorporates a tiny camera that your doctor uses to guide the procedure. And our CROSSER® Catheter system treats blockages in heart and leg arteries by tunneling through them.
- Technologically advanced cath labs: We have brand new cath labs throughout Illinois. All of our labs are equipped with 3D artery-mapping capabilities and technology that reduces your exposure to radiation.
- Nationally recognized stroke care: We have several Joint Commission-designated Primary Stroke Centers located throughout Illinois. We received these designations for our expertise in managing stroke patients, making quick diagnoses and providing lifesaving treatments.
- Specially designed peripheral artery disease (PAD) rehabilitation program: Our PAD rehab program helps you feel better when you walk, relieves your PAD symptoms (including the leg numbness and pain that often accompany exertion), decreases your PAD-associated risks and improves your quality of life.
- Expert wound care: If you have wounds that won’t heal, the Center for Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine at Presence Saint Joseph Hospital – Elgin offers a complete wound care program with specialized treatments, including hyperbaric oxygen therapy that promotes and speeds healing.
- Health insurance liaisons: If you’re receiving treatment at our Vein Clinic in Des Plaines, we’ll assign a Patient Navigator who’ll work directly with your insurance provider to make sure your benefit coverage is approved.
The Right Procedures to Help Restore Your Health
- Vascular screenings
- Ankle-brachial index (ABI): Noninvasive blood pressure test that measures how well your blood flows.
- Diagnostic ultrasounds: Includes carotid ultrasound, venous duplex ultrasound, arterial Doppler ultrasound and color Doppler ultrasound.
- Angioplasty and stenting: Procedures that use balloons and stents to open blocked arteries.
- Endarterectomy: Surgical removal of plaque within a blocked or narrowed artery.
- Wound care
- Surgical aneurysm repair: Procedure to remove aneurysms (blood-filled, balloon-like bulges in arteries).
- Embolization therapy: Minimally invasive procedure to block blood flow to certain arteries and veins.
- Angiojet®: Nonsurgical system uses a catheter to break up and remove blood clots in arteries.
- Endoscopic vein harvesting: Minimally invasive procedure for harvesting veins in heart bypass surgeries. Compared to the traditional open procedure, our patients experience less pain and dramatically less scarring. Other benefits are a lower risk of infection and shorter hospital stays.
- Limb salvage for critical limb ischemia (severe leg pain due to poor blood flow)
- Peripheral vascular procedures
- Atherectomy: Uses a laser catheter to remove build-ups of calcified plaque from blood vessels.
- Diamondback 360TM Orbital Atherectomy System: Removes the build-up of calcified plaque from blood vessels using a small diamond-coated crown that pulverizes the plaque without damaging the arteries.
- Varicose and spider vein treatments
- Endovenous laser ablation (EVLA): Minimally invasive procedure that uses heat to treat painful veins.
- Ultrasound guided sclerotherapy: Physicians use this procedure to treat veins by injecting a solution that seals them and causes them to close.
- Visual sclerotherapy: Procedure for treating visible spider veins and small varicose veins near the surface of the skin by injecting a solution.
Find Vascular Care Near You
Explore a location close to home. You can also request an appointment anytime online or by calling 877.737.4636 (INFO).