At Presence Health, our surgeons offer the latest surgical procedures in hospitals that are consistently ranked among the best in the nation by U.S. News & World Report. Treating who you are as a person — your health, your lifestyle, your role in your family — is at the core of everything we do, and our exceptional care continues to prove that.
Excellent Care, Close to Home
Our heart surgery team is known for outcomes that consistently meet or exceed national benchmarks. That means more successful surgeries and fewer complications and readmissions.
When you come to us for care, you can count on outstanding results comparable to those you’d get at larger Chicago-area teaching hospitals, but close to home and without the hassle. Our robust heart surgery programs also offer:
- Nationally ranked care: Together, our heart surgery programs are among the largest in Illinois and among the best nationwide. Our success rates far exceed national benchmarks and are consistently ranked among the best hospitals in the nation by U.S. News & World Report.
- Proven track record of outstanding outcomes: We’ve received several Blue Distinction Center+ designations for Cardiac Care from BlueCross BlueShield for our outstanding outcomes, including safer procedures with fewer complications. Our hospitals also receive 3-star ratings, the highest possible, for heart bypass surgery from The Society for Thoracic Surgeons (STS).
- Lowest readmission rates in Illinois: We consistently exceed the U.S. Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services’ national benchmarks for hospital readmissions. Every year, fewer of our patients need to be readmitted than at other hospitals in the state.
- Expert surgeons: All our surgeons are board-certified, and many have additional training. Many Presence Health hospitals were the first in their areas to have open-heart surgery programs. Since then, we have performed more than 8,400 of these procedures, including:
- Coronary artery bypass grafts (CABG):Open-heart surgery where your physician grafts a healthy artery or vein from your body to your blocked artery, creating a new path for vital, oxygen-rich blood.
- Heart valve repair and replacement
- Pericardial windows:Small incisions in the sac enclosing the heart.
- Transmyocardial revascularization (TMR): Treats chronic chest pain (angina).
- Temporary left ventricular assist devices (LVADs):Serve as a bridge to transplant.
- Minimally invasive cardiac surgery: Includes off-pump coronary artery bypass surgery, which lets surgeons operate on a beating heart without the use of a heart-lung machine.
- Next generation tools and facilities: Our state-of-the-art surgery centers feature digital operating suites and the latest diagnostic imaging equipment. We also have the Fox River Valley’s first and only hybrid cardiac catheterization lab, which combines the capabilities of a cardiac cath lab with an advanced surgical suite.
- Largest heart surgeon group in the country: Our team includes surgeons from Cardiac Surgery Associates (CSA), the largest cardiac surgeon group in the United States. CSA’s experienced surgeons specialize in today’s most advanced surgical techniques and procedures.
Find a Heart Surgery Center Near You
Explore a location close to home. You can also request an appointment anytime online or by calling 877.737.4636 (INFO).