At Presence Health, we know you’re eager to regain your quality of life as you transition from treatment to recovery. Our compassionate staff will work with you every step of the way to help you safely resume an active life while reducing your risk of cancer recurrence.
Why Choose our Cancer Rehabilitation Services?
At Presence Health, our cancer care isn’t complete once treatment is done. We can help you manage the after-effects of radiation, surgery and chemotherapy, regain function and movement and restore your energy through our integrated, personalized cancer rehabilitation program.
Our services include:
- Personalized care plans: Our cancer rehab team designs customized therapy and exercise sessions, based on your current strength, motivation, capabilities, personal goals and lifestyle. Options include:
- Short and long-term rehabilitation
- Presence Home Care services
- Pain management: Drug and non-drug treatments for pain resulting from tumor pressure, cancer treatment or surgery
- Palliative care: Comfort and support provided by a specialist to address the emotional, physical, practical and spiritual issues specific to cancer
- Physical therapy
- Lymphedema therapy: Physical therapy to prevent swelling from lymph system damage
- Occupational therapy: Strategies for restoring independence, maintaining quality of life and modifying daily routines
- Speech therapy: Assistance in recovering speech, swallowing and eating functions
- Wound care: Advanced healing treatments to prevent infection and irritation
- Nutritional support
- Holistic services: Yoga, acupuncture, meditation and massage
- Gold-standard certification: Presence Saint Francis Hospital and Presence Saint Joseph Hospital hold STAR Program® certification, the gold-standard certification for survivorship and rehabilitation services.
- Expertise in lymphedema management: Some of our centers are the first in their region to offer lymphedema therapy for cancer survivors to relieve swelling caused by excess fluids in the lymphatic system. The lymphedema therapy program at Presence Saint Joseph Hospital – Elgin is nationally recognized.
- Expertise in pain management: Our staff is specially trained in pain management for cancer patients. We can give you options and complementary therapies that go beyond prescription medications.
Why Choose our Cancer Survivorship Programs?
Even after a successful treatment, you might worry about the cancer coming back. Our survivorship programs help you avoid recurrence and live an active, healthy, worry-free life after treatment:
- Survivor plans tailored to you: You’ll receive a customized plan for the next five years so you know when to get follow-up tests and what you need to do to stay healthy.
- Proactive follow-up: Your dedicated cancer navigator will actively follow up with you for years after your treatment here to check on your progress. You’ll always know who to call if you have any questions.
- Support groups and networks: Share your story and gain hope from hearing other survivors’ stories in our tight-knit, intimate survivor support groups.
- Special holistic services: Many of our cancer centers offer specialized services for the whole you, including yoga, acupuncture, massage, pet therapy and counseling, to support your health after treatment.
Presence Health Cancer Rehabilitation Locations
We offer comprehensive cancer rehab and survivorship programs at centers throughout Illinois. Explore a convenient location below, or call 877.737.4636 and we’ll point you to the right place: