When it comes to cancer diagnosis, you need fast and accurate answers. At Presence Health cancer centers throughout Chicago and the suburbs, we schedule your tests quickly and deliver results just as fast, so you can feel confident in your diagnosis and focus on getting the treatment you need.
Cancer Symptoms: What Should I Look For?
Having cancer symptoms does not always mean that you have cancer. However, if you have symptoms that have lasted a long time or are getting worse, it is important to see a doctor. Each cancer has its own set of symptoms, but general signs of cancer include:
- Fatigue (extreme tiredness that doesn’t get better with rest)
- Skin changes
- Unexplained weight loss
We are committed to early cancer detection and prevention. Early diagnosis is the key to better outcomes, more affordable treatment and a better quality of life. Screenings can help you find some cancers even before you develop symptoms. The American Cancer Society publishes cancer screening guidelines on which check-ups and tests you should have, even if you have no symptoms.
Why Choose Our Cancer Diagnostic Services?
Presence Health offers comprehensive diagnostic services at our award-winning cancer centers across Illinois. We will guide you through the diagnosis process with expertise and compassion, so we can move quickly to the next phase of your care.
Our programs feature:
- Advanced diagnostic testing: We offer advanced digital imaging tools powerful enough to capture detailed images of tumors and surrounding tissues. We also offer minimally invasive biopsies and other newly developed diagnostic technologies.
- Regular screenings and prevention programs: Includes the low-dose CT scan, a recently developed screening test that can detect lung cancer early.
- Second opinion clinic: Presence Cancer Care in Joliet offers second opinions on cancer diagnoses from an expert oncology team within 24 hours.
- Genetic counseling: Helps determine your potential risk for developing certain types of cancer.
- Advanced imaging: Includes PET/CT scans, MRIs, bone density scans and 3-D mammograms, also called tomosynthesis.
- Minimally invasive biopsies: Includes da Vinci® robotic surgery, stereotactic radiosurgery, cyberknife, Mammotome® and other ultrasound-guided and MRI-guided biopsies that we can perform with local anesthesia on an outpatient basis.
- Highly accredited facilities: The Commission on Cancer accredits our diagnostic facilities with commendation. In addition, we have several Breast Imaging Centers of Excellence, as designated by the American College of Radiology.
- Rapid results: Our hospitals can return a diagnosis within four days. Other hospitals may take up to seven.
- Fast, convenient appointments: We schedule tests quickly and some of our locations offer evening and weekend hours. Many centers also offer mammograms and other tests on a walk-in basis, no appointment required.
- Everything under one roof: Many of our cancer centers offer comprehensive exams, tests and treatments in one location, so you don’t have to travel far to get excellent care.
Take Charge of Your Health—Find a Cancer Care Center Near You
Explore a convenient location below, or call 877.737.4636 and we’ll point you to the right place: