Salary & Benefits
We offer a generous salary and benefits package that includes flexible vacation and meeting time. Stipends are reviewed annually and are standardized across Resurrection Health Care. Rates for the 2011-12 academic year appear below.
In addition, the program offers the following benefits:
- Three Weeks Annual Paid Vacation Each Year. Residents generally take vacations in one week blocks, but the schedule allows for up to 16 consecutive days away if bridged across consecutive rotations. In addition, PGY-2 and PGY-3 residents make take one week professional leave to attend a medical conference. The program provides a $500 stipend for this purpose.
- Personal Digital Assistants for All Residents. The program provides each incoming resident with an Apple iPod Touch to facilitate access to electronic records, online resources and other educational materials. Much of the residency's scheduling, sign-out and evaluation systems are web-based, and all are accessible 24/7. Resurrection Health Care will implement the EPIC Electronic Health Record throughout the System, including hospitals, business units and residency training programs.
- Medical Spanish. The Resurrection Learning Institute offers classes in medical Spanish, which are open to all residents who want to develop or enhance those skills.
- Malpractice Insurance with Tail Coverage. Medical malpractice insurance is available for all activities related to residency education.
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance. Residents may choose either an HMO or PPO plan for themselves at no additional cost. Family plans are available with modest payroll deductions.
- The program offers ACLS, NRP, BLS, and also training to all residents at no charge.
- The hospital provides free parking to all residents while on duty.
- Resurrection pharmacies offer discounted prescription medications for residents and their families provided.
- Free hospital meals are provided to all residents.
- Residents receive three (3) laboratory coats in the PGY-1 year, two (2) in the PGY-2 year, and one (1) in the final year of training. Scrubs are also provided as needed for core inpatient rotations.
- Up-to-Date Subscriptions. The residency purchases personal subscriptions to the online medical resource Up-to-Date for all residents.
- Computer Access. Residents have unlimited online medical library access at both campus locations. Through the program's affiliation with the University of Illinois College of Medicine, residents may also access the considerable online (and library collections) of the university. The medical center has an on-site hospital library and medical librarian.