Frequently Asked Questions
The following are some common questions asked during the interview process and via e-mail:
- What is your accreditation status?
Our training program in Obstetrics and Gynecology is fully accredited. The training program will be reviewed again in 2012.
- How do your residents do on their Board examinations?
The performance of our graduating residents on their written and oral Board examinations have been consistently above the national average in the past 10 years.
- Do residents assist with education and didactics?
Yes, residents are actively involved in our educational curriculum. They are involved in M&M presentations in Obstetrics, Gynecology, C-section Review, Gynecologic Oncology, and Journal Clubs. They also participate in reviews and presentations in Reproductive Endocrinology, Gynecologic Oncology and Gynecology and Obstetrics.
- Is there graded responsibility?
Yes, the responsibility of our residents at each PGY from 1 to 4 is clearly delineated and is consistent with our educational objectives.
- Have any of your former residents entered a fellowship program?
Yes, two of our residents entered fellowship training programs in the past.
- Do you provide CME and educational allowances?
Continuous medical education allowances are provided for residents at PGY-2, 3 and 4 levels.