Saint Francis' Obstetrics and Gynecology Program accepts applications for its 2 ACGME approved positions each year via the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). ERAS opens for accepting applications for the 2012 academic year starting August and ends in December.
Applications of medical school graduates with USMLE scores of 85 and above on both the USMLE Step 1 and 2 examinations will be considered. Applicants are required to have taken USMLE Step 2 - Clinical Skills before starting in a 1st year position. ERAS Application deadline is December 1, 2011.
- Applications — Interviews are granted after ERAS application is reviewed by the Residency Program's Application Committee. We do not interview applicants over the phone.
- Interview process includes a day with ample opportunity to interact with other residents and attending staff.
- Residency Positions Available — 2
- Eligibility — Graduates of U.S. accredited allopathic medical schools or osteopathic medical schools are given interview priority.
- Observership Program — We do not have an observership program.
- Post Graduation — Preference will be given to applicants who are no more than 2 years post medical school graduation.
- The final selection and rank is an open process conducted by attending staff as well as the residents. The final rank list is sent to the NRMP for their matching process.
Thank you for your interest in the Obstetrics and Gynecology Program. For application-related questions or correspondence, please contact:
John V. Knaus, DO, FACOG, FACS
Chair and Program Director
Obstetrics and Gynecology
Migdalia Cortina, M.D.
Assistant Program Director
Saint Francis Hospital
355 Ridge Avenue
Evanston, Illinois 60202
The final selection and ranking is an open process conducted by attending staff as well as residents at all levels. Residents are selected from around the country, lending diversity and contrast to the program, and are selected wholly on their individual merit. The final rank list is sent to the NRMP for their matching process.