Curriculum and Responsibilities
- Team physician for North Park University. An NCAA Division III University with 17 sports and an undergraduate athletic training program, this school allows fellows the opportunity to not only provide primary coverage for games and training room rounds but to also assist in teaching future ATCs.
- High School Team Physicians. Coverage includes weekly training room rounds, game coverage, and pre-participation examinations at St. Patrick High School, Resurrection High School, Ridgewood High School, and Whitney Young High School.
- Resurrection Sports Medicine Center. Twice-weekly clinic, overseen by sports medicine faculty, where athletes are evaluated and treated for sports-related injuries and illnesses. Sports orthopedists, physical therapists with sports medicine training, exercise physiologists and clinical nutritionists are also involved in the care of these athletes. Unique offerings include things such as bike fittings, gait analysis, SCUBA medicine, preseason conditioning programs and exercise prescriptions for all comers. Located within Resurrection Medical Center, access to plain film, MRI and cardiopulmonary testing is all steps away.
- Orthopedic Experience. Our fellows spend a significant amount of time with some of the finest sports orthopedists in the area. Community and university-based physicians round out the experience for our fellows. They spend time in the OR and the office. Many of our orthopedic physicians are also physicians for professional teams here in Chicago.
- Exercise Physiology
- Musculoskeletal Ultrasound
- Mass Participation Events. Fellows will have numerous opportunities to cover and assist in planning a variety of events. Some of these events include, the Bank of American Chicago Marathon, the CARA Lakefront 10 Miler, the Men's Health Chicago Urbanathlon, and the BikeMS Tour de Farms 2 day cycling event.
- Rotation Experiences. Within the longitudinal curriculum, Fellows are provided with rotations including: Radiology, Pediatric Sports Medicine, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Podiatry, Physical Therapy and Athletic Training, Cardiopulmonary Testing/Exercise Physiology, and Research. Electives are available in a variety of other areas and are tailored to meet the need of the individual fellow.