Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Thank you for your interest in the Resurrection Emergency Medicine Residency Program.
Here is additional information about our program:
We are a PGY1-3 program in Chicago, Illinois. Our residency provides an intensely strong clinical experience with opportunity to treat very acute, critically ill patient populations. Our diverse sites guarantee wide exposure to varied patient populations. Another strength is direct attending teaching with resident-attending clinical teams.
All applications for PGY1 residency positions are accepted through ERAS (Electronic Residency Application Service) only. Our NRMP match number is 1937110C0.
Requirements for consideration of completed application:
- ERAS Personal Statement
- Medical School Transcripts
- USMLE Step 1 scores (minimum; Step 2 is encouraged)
- 3 Letters of Recommendation, at least one of which should be in EM specialty
- Dean's Letter/MSPE, when available
- If prior residency, Letter of Recommendation from Program Director including dates of training, list of rotations successfully completed, and summative competency-based performance evaluation
Deadline: December 1 or whenever all interview slots are filled.
- USMLE Step 2 required: Yes, if your school requires it for graduation.
- D.O. applications accepted: Yes
- IMG applications accepted: Yes
- Visas sponsored: None
- Minimum USMLE score: None
- COMLEX accepted in lieu of USMLE: Steps 2 & 3 only
- Previous training requirements or restrictions: None
- Post-Match PGY1 openings: None
- PGY2-3 openings: None
- Observerships: None
- Research positions: None
- ER "Shadowing" Opportunities: Approved student electives only
Residency data effective 12/01/12:
- Number of residents: 39
- Number from ACGME-accredited schools: 38
- Number of DO's: 10
- Number of PGY1 positions available annually: 13
- Number of ERAS applications received for 2011: 1,105
Thank you again for your interest in our program.
For further information, please contact Denise Toriani.