Resources on Health Care Quality
- National Quality Forum - A not-for-profit membership organization created to develop and implement a national strategy for measuring and reporting on health care quality.
- CMS Hospital Compare - This website was created through the efforts of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (an agency of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services), along with the Hospital Quality Alliance.
- CMS Home Health Compare
- CMS Nursing Home Compare
- Healthcare Facilities Accreditation Program (HFAP) - The HFAP has been accrediting healthcare facilities for over 60 years under Medicare, and is one of only two voluntary accreditation programs in the United States authorized by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), formerly HCFA, to survey hospitals under Medicare.
- The Leapfrog Group for Patient Safety - This a coalition of over 170 companies and organizations focused on quality and safety in healthcare.
- Institute for Healthcare Improvement - This organization sponsors the 100,000 Lives campaign and 5 Million Lives campaign for patient safety.